The Nashville Predators got off to a rocky start in their first week of play back from the NHL lockout. With a record of 1-1-3 they’ll be glad to turn the calendar to Week 2. Here’s a look back at the first week of play.
Nashville Predators By The Numbers
- 0 − The number of times Pekka Rinne won a game. Also the number of points by Shea Weber. Also the number of times the Nashville Predators had previously lost three shootout games in the first month of an NHL season.
- 1 – The number of games the Nashville Predators won. They beat Minnesota 3-1 on Thursday night. Also the number of times the Predators were shut out. Also the number of shootout goals scored by Nashville.
- 2 – The number of assists by Sergei Kostitsyn in the opener against Columbus. Also the total number of points Sergei Kostitsyn has in all five games combined.
- 3 – The number of times the Nashville Predators have scored first in a game. Also the number of times Nashville has lost in a shootout. Also the number of games Paul Gaustad missed with an upper-body injury.
- 4 – The total number of shootout losses for the other 29 NHL teams combined. Also the number of fighting majors assessed to the Nashville Predators.
- 4:02 – The total ice time for Craig Smith in the 3-2 shootout loss to Anaheim.
- 5 – The number of shootout goals given up by Pekka Rinne.
- 5:16 – The average ice time for Rich Clune.
- 10 – The total number of shootout chances missed by the Nashville Predators.
- 13 – The number of shots the Nashville Predators put on goal in the 3-0 loss at St. Louis on Thursday.
- 14 – The total number of penalty minutes assessed to Rich Clune.
- 15 – The total number of hits dished out by Shea Weber.
- 15:46 – The average ice time for Ryan Ellis.
- 23.5 – The percentage of power play opportunities the Nashville Predators successfully converted.
- 25:46 – The average ice time for Roman Josi.
- 30:09 – The total ice time for Shea Weber in the 3-2 shootout loss to Anaheim.
- 39 – The number of seconds that had elapsed in the season before Martin Erat scored his first goal.
- 80 – The percentage of penalties that the Nashville Predators successfully killed.
- 128:51 – The total ice time for Roman Josi, good for second on the team behind Shea Weber’s 136:31 and 20 minutes more than the next highest total (Mike Fisher, 108:26).
Topics: Nashville Predators