The Nashville Predators’ struggles only intensified during Week 6 of the 2013 NHL season. The team lost the first two games of a three-game road trip, finding themselves completely overmatched against Anaheim and unable to compete for most of the game against San Jose. Even their win against Dallas was suspect, requiring two comebacks and an overtime goal.
The Preds’ inability to win games in regulation earlier in the season is coming back to bite them right now, as the point spread between fourth and 11th place in the Western Conference has been cut to just two. The numbers bear witness to their futility of late.
Nashville Predators By The Numbers
- 0 – The number of goals Chris Mason gave up in relief of Pekka Rinne during last Wednesday’s 5-1 loss to the Anaheim Ducks.
- 1 – The number of games the Nashville Predators have won in regulation since their 3-0 shutout of the Los Angeles Kings on February 7th, out of 12 tries.
- 2 – The number of games Nashville has won in seven tries this season against other teams in the Central Division.
3 – The number of points the Nashville Predators have earned in the standings over the last two weeks. Also the number of points Patric Hornqvist has scored since returning from a three-week injury on February 18th.
- 4 – The number of games the Predators have won in regulation this season, out of 22 games played.
- 5 – The number of goals Nashville scored in last Monday’s win over the Dallas Stars.
- 7 – The total number of goals Nashville scored in its three Week 6 games.
- 8 – The number of games the Predators have played since their last regulation win on February 14th against the Phoenix Coyotes.
- 10 – The number of teams in the Western Conference with more wins than Nashville.
- 11 – The number of goals Pekka Rinne gave up in three Week 6 games.
- 13 – The number of one-goal games the Nashville Predators have played this season, out of 22 possible. Their record in those games is 5-3-5.
Tags: Nashville Predators