Two games into their season-long seven game road trip, the Preds have picked up three out of a possible four points. They now have a couple of days off before Wednesday night’s game against the NHL leading Colorado Avalanche. Let’s see how the trip is going so far.
There are a handful of positives for the Preds after their first two games of the current road trip.
- Three points out of four is a great start. A win against the Kings and a shootout loss against the Coyotes earned three points and a start that everyone can be happy with.
- Eight goals scored in two games. The Preds are currently 22nd in the league averaging 2.2 goals a game, so the current outburst is much-needed.
- David Legwand has provided a bright spot offensively with five points over the past two games, bringing his season total to twelve. Patric Hornqvist has also chipped in with four assists.
There are also a couple concerns to consider.
- Nashville blew two big leads against Phoenix and will have to be better closing out games, especially on the road. Making sure other teams in the conference do not pick up an extra one or two points could ultimately make a difference at the end of the year.
- Zero goals in five shootout attempts against Phoenix. Points will be at a premium all season, and missing four chances to win the game could prove costly.
- Matt Hendricks is out with an upper-body injury and Mike Fisher left the game against Los Angeles early with an injury.
Let’s hope the Preds can keep grabbing points and plug some holes.