In a little under four hours, the Nashville Predators take on the newly No. 1 ranked team in the NHL, the Anaheim Ducks.
A few notes for tonight’s contest worth a quick update:
- Patric Hornqvist will not suit up for Nashville tonight after sustaining a lower-body injury in the third period of the Preds 3-2 win over the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday.
- Filip Forsberg has returned from the World Junior Championships, fresh off claiming a silver medal and MVP honors. However, the young Swede will also not play in Preds gold tonight (which means Gabriel Bourque should find himself back in the lineup after being a healthy scratch last contest).
- Marek Mazanec has been reported as the starter between the pipes for the Predators.
- On the Ducks side, Anaheim will be without forward Dustin Penner who is also recovering from an injury sustained this week.
- The usual starting goalie for the Ducks, Jonas Hiller, will get the night off as Frederik Anderson will make his first start since December 29th (a 3-1 loss to the Sharks). Despite the loss in his last start, the rookie netminder still holds an impressive 9-2-0 record.
- The Preds have won three-straight at home (11-8-3 overall) and the Ducks are 14-8-3 when on the road.
In their second of five-straight games at home, the Preds will attempt to not only make it two wins in a row against the Pacific Division but also overall. The puck drops at 7:08 pm (CST).