Seeking two-consecutive wins for the first time in 2014, the Nashville Predators will take on the Philadelphia Flyers in the “City of Brotherly Love” tonight.
Your quick thoughts for tonight’s game at 6 pm (CST):
- Nashville generated quite the buzz yesterday when they traded winger Matt Hendricks to the Edmonton Oilers for their former, starting goaltender Devan Dubnyk.
- Dubnyk has traveled to Philadelphia to join the Predators and has filed the proper immigration papers, but he will still take a back seat as Carter Hutton earns his second-straight start tonight.
- The Flyers are looking for their 11th home win in their last 12 homes games after losing a 10-game, home-ice-winning streak on Saturday by virtue of a 6-3 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Philadelphia has announced they will go with Steve Mason between the pipes.
- Several former Predators will skate for the opposition tonight as Nashville faces Scott Hartnell and Kimmo Timonen (former captain), former Preds defenseman Hal Gill is also on the Flyers roster but is projected to be a healthy scratch.
- The Flyers faithful will have their first up-close and personal look at Preds captain Shea Weber following the 14-year, $110 million offer-sheet he signed with Philly in 2012, only to have Nashville match it.
- These two teams played a full 60 minutes and then some when they met earlier this season. The Flyers took a 3-2 shootout win in Nashville on November 30th.
The puck drops in less than an hour between these two inter-conference foes.