Lineup and Storylines
There should not be much drama in terms of the lineup today. After starting two games this week, Pekka Rinne will get a night off and Juuse Saros will get the call between the pipes. Saros has only one start on the season, and it was last Saturday against the Islanders. While Frederick Gaudreau has fans asking for him to play, it is hard to argue with the fourth line of Miikka Salomaki, Sissons, and Zac Rinaldo. Just check this tweet from The Athletic’s Adam Vingan.
Kevin Fiala – Kyle Turris – Craig Smith
Zac Rinaldo – Colton Sissons – Miikka Salomaki
- Filip Forsberg has only one goal on the season, and it came on opening night. The Jets held him without a shot last game.
- Nick Bonino has yet to score a point this season, but has a plus/minus rating of +3 on the season. He is winning over 54% of his faceoffs.
- Last season, Saros faced the Isles in Bridgestone, allowing 6 goals (3 on the power play) and taking the loss.
- The Predators are 0-15 on the power play this season. The L.A. Kings and Vegas Golden Knights are both 0-13.
- The Isles have killed off all 8 penalties they have faced this season.
- After leading the NHL in penalties in 2017-18, Nashville is 12th in the NHL averaging 9.5 minutes per game.
- The top team in minutes on the power play per game? Nashville, with 19 minutes per game. That is 5 minutes more than the next closest team.
Tonight’s contest comes with a 7:00 P.M. puck drop and may be seen on Fox Sports Tennessee, beginning with Predators Live at 6:30 P.M. You can also stream on the Fox Sports Go app, or listen to the radio call on 102.5 The Game in Nashville.