The Nashville Predators are considered one of the best franchises in all of sport. Their fans are a major part of the reason why, and it is getting noticed.
There is no doubting the facts. The Nashville Predators are one of the best franchises in all of sport. In the last few years, the team has set franchise records, winning division titles and making an appearance in the Stanley Cup. Last season, they won their first Presidents’ Trophy. And, in 2017, ESPN ranked the Predators as the number one franchise in all of sports.
No team delivers more for their fans than the Predators. And no fans – in our opinion – are better than Predators fans. And now, FanSided is showing us some love.
FanSided is a fan-focused digital network designed to be the voice of the fans. Predlines is just one of the many sites within the network and is dedicating to being a voice for fans. We talk about what you talk about and build content based on thoughts expressed by you, whether in person or on social media.
More from Predators News
- Joakim Kemell Flashes his Offense in Nashville Predators Loss to Tampa
- Nashville Predators 2023 Training Camp Spotlight: Luke Schenn
- Nashville Predators 2023 Training Camp Roster Officially Announced
- Nashville Predators Rookie Camp will Showcase Loaded Prospect Pool
- How Crazy Would Signing Phil Kessel be for the Nashville Predators?
Each year, FanSided delivers their Fandom 250, the top 250 fan bases in the world. It is more than just sports, including Star Wars, Game of Thrones, movies, celebrities, music, sports figures, and several other categories.
In order to select the best fanbases, there must be criteria. For this, FanSided editors used these areas of measurement:
- Legacy (10 points) – How long and how much the fandom has done over time.
- Fansmanship (25 points) – Showing love and support for the team, but doing more for the community.
- Passion (25 points) – How are fans are willing to go for their fandom.
- Buzz (25 points) – How often fans are talking about their teams.
- Magnitude (10 points) – How large is the fanbase.
How ’bout them Preds!
In 2016, the Nashville Predators were nowhere to be found on the Fandom 250. As a matter of fact, only three NHL fanbases were on the list. Last year, Nashville jumped into the fray, ranking 198th overall and 6th in the NHL, higher than the Detriot Red Wings and the New York Rangers.
This season, the Predators jumped 92 places overall, ranking as the 106th best fanbase in all categories. They finished 8th overall in the NHL, with a score of 66.3. The Tampa Bay Lightning were 98th overall with a score of 66.8, and the Pittsburgh Penguins finished with 69.3 points. Minnesota, Washington, Boston, Toronto, and Montreal round out of the top five NHL teams in the Fandom 250.
In a market known more for college sports, NFL, and NASCAR, Predators fans have turned Nashville into a hockey city. Everywhere you go you see stickers, shirts, hats, and other memorabilia representing Smashville. When you attend a game at Bridgestone, the energy and spirit of Predators’ fandom overtakes you. No group in the NHL cheers for their team like the Nashville Predators.
So, cheers to you, Predators fans! You are among the best in the world, supporting the best team in the world, in one of the best cities in the world!