NHL Betting Picks, Predictions and Analysis for Tuesday Slate of Games

(Photo by John Russell/NHLI via Getty Images)
(Photo by John Russell/NHLI via Getty Images) /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
11 of 12
Next

NHL Betting Pick #10:

Prediction. +100. 19. -120. 112

In the last matchup at 8 PM CDT, the Calgary Flames host the Washington Capitals. The Flames are 5-4-1 this year and the Capitals are 6-2-2. Head-to-head in the last ten Washington is 6-2-2, and Calgary is 4-5-1.

In the last three games on the season, Calgary is 2-1 losing to Los Angeles and beating Anaheim and Detroit. Washington is a perfect 3-0, beating Chicago, Toronto and the New York Rangers.

Looking at the trends, the Flames are 1-4 in the last five at home against Washington, but 6-0 in the last six matchups versus the Eastern Conference. The Capitals are 4-2 in the last six versus Calgary. They’re 4-1 in the last five games they’ve played on the road and 4-1 on the road against Calgary.

The model gives Calgary a minuscule 51% chance to win in the matchup that should be very even. However, going with trends I’ll take the Capitals +100 and their 49% chance to win. Too much offensive firepower.