NHL Betting Picks, Predictions and Analysis for Tuesday Slate of Games

(Photo by John Russell/NHLI via Getty Images)
(Photo by John Russell/NHLI via Getty Images) /
4 of 12

NHL Betting Pick #3:

97. Prediction. +115. 92. -135

The Florida Panthers are taking on the Pittsburgh Penguins at home following a road win against the Nashville Predators. Florida is 3-2-3 even with their star-studded lineup and Pittsburgh is 6-3 coming into this game. Head-to-head Pittsburgh boasts a 7-1-2 record in the last ten matchups.

In their last three, Florida is 2-1 with a loss to a loaded Avalanche team and Pittsburgh is 2-1 coming off a loss to the Vegas Golden Knights.

Trends and injuries: The Penguins will be without Evgeni Malkin and the Panthers may be without Aleksander Barkov who is listed as probable. The Panthers are 3-7 in their last ten, and 2-4 in their last six. They’re also 2-6 against the Eastern Conference. As for the Penguins, they’re 5-1 in their last six, and 7-2 against Florida in their last nine. However, just 1-6 in their last seven against the Eastern Conference.

The model gives the home team, Florida Panthers, a 54.4% chance to win and Pittsburgh a 45.6% chance to win. I like the Panthers -135 to win coming off a big road win in Nashville.