NHL Betting Picks, Predictions and Analysis for Tuesday Slate of Games

(Photo by John Russell/NHLI via Getty Images)
(Photo by John Russell/NHLI via Getty Images) /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
7 of 12
Next

NHL Betting Pick #6:

Prediction. +135. 105. -155. 151

The 4-3-1 Nashville Predators host the 6-3-0 Anaheim Ducks. The Predators are coming off a home loss to the Panthers and are expecting to bounce back. In the last ten head-to-head matchups, Nashville is 7-1-2 against Anaheim. We’ll also never forget their Western Conference Finals win that sent Nashville to the Stanley Cup Final.

In their last three, the Predators are 1-2-1, beating Vegas and losing to Florida and Arizona. The underrated Ducks may have the best goalie in hockey in John Gibson. They’re 2-1 in the last three, losing to Calgary,  but beating Carolina and Buffalo.

As for trends, the Predators are 7-1 at home against the Ducks. They’re also 10-4 in the last 14 against the Pacific Division. The Ducks are 1-7 on the road in Nashville in the last eight and 2-6 in the last eight games vs Nashville. A series that has been mostly dominated by Nashville in recent times.

The model gives the Predators a healthy 57.25% chance to win and the Anaheim Ducks a 42.75% chance to win. Take the home team, I like Nashville -155 to continue their recent success over Anaheim.