NHL Betting Picks, Predictions and Analysis for Tuesday Slate of Games

(Photo by John Russell/NHLI via Getty Images)
(Photo by John Russell/NHLI via Getty Images) /
8 of 12

NHL Betting Pick #7:

98. Prediction. +100. 148. -120

At 7 PM CDT the Minnesota Wild host the Edmonton Oilers. Minnesota is 2-6 and Edmonton is 7-1-1 this season. Head-to-head in the last ten, each team has won five and lost five in the series.

In the last three games this season, the Wild are 1-2, splitting with Montreal while also losing to Toronto. The Oilers are 2-1 following an overtime loss to Winnipeg and getting wins against Detroit and Philadelphia.

Trend wise Minnesota is 2-8 in the last ten, and an ugly 4-14 in the last 18 home games They’re also 2-6 overall on the season. For Edmonton, they’re 8-2 in the last ten, 4-2 in the last six against the Wild, but 3-7 in the last ten against the Western Conference.

The model shockingly likes the Wild with a 54.4% chance to win. This gives the Oilers a 45.6% chance to win. In a toss-up, take the model. Minnesota wins at home -120.