A flashy new style for a new decade
The Predators have always been progressive with their uniform designs and brought plenty of creativity. The organization introduced new uniforms before the 2011-12 season they paid a lot of tribute to the music industry and Nashville’s universally known nickname of “Music City”.
More from Predlines
- Nashville Predators 2023 Training Camp Spotlight: Kiefer Sherwood
- Captain Candidates if Nashville Predators Didn’t Have Roman Josi
- The All-Time 25 Games or Less Nashville Predators Lineup
- Nashville Predators 2023 Training Camp Spotlight: Cody Glass
- Joakim Kemell Flashes his Offense in Nashville Predators Loss to Tampa
This jersey change kept the feature of the dominant gold home jersey. They are the first team to wear gold as their dark jerseys since the 1966-67 Boston Bruins.
At the time of this change the Predators were also starting to get a lot of league notoriety and becoming a perennial playoff team.
Other teams, including the Kings, Seals, and Penguins, have worn gold jerseys, but they wore them as their light-colored jerseys and not their primary ones like the Predators did, and still do currently.
This change also showed a change in direction from the predominance of dark blue on the uniform. There’s still some traces of blue, but not on the same level as the early years that the home uniform had.
Also very little silver in the uniform as compared to the first Predators uniforms as an expansion team in 1998.