Luke Kunin, Forward
The free agency move that has sent the most shockwaves throughout the Predators fanbase has probably been the draft day trade of Nick Bonino for the much younger Luke Kunin.
More from Predlines
- Nashville Predators 2023 Training Camp Spotlight: Kiefer Sherwood
- Captain Candidates if Nashville Predators Didn’t Have Roman Josi
- The All-Time 25 Games or Less Nashville Predators Lineup
- Nashville Predators 2023 Training Camp Spotlight: Cody Glass
- Joakim Kemell Flashes his Offense in Nashville Predators Loss to Tampa
As much as I love and respect Bonino and what he accomplished for the Predators, this was a smart move that’s addressing the long-term future.
Kunin will plug into Bonino’s role nicely on the third line next season. His best NHL years are hopefully ahead of him while Bonino has most certainly already peaked in his NHL career. The Predators had to get something out of his high trade value.
If you scan over how Wild fans feel about the loss of Kunin, they’re not crazy about losing such a young player with high upside.
In the strategy of getting younger and faster this is a solid move for the Predators, but also not one that’s going to provide massive results right away.